Description of PROSPR Organization Chart
This graphic represents the general structure of PROSPR and includes the names of lead personnel for each PROSPR sub-group.
- The PROSPR network consists of ten PROSPR Research Centers (PRCs), the Statistical Coordinating Center (SCC), and the National Cancer Institute (NCI). There are three breast cancer PRCs, four cervical cancer PRCs, and three colorectal cancer PRCs.
- The PROSPR Steering Committee provides guidance and oversight for the PROSPR network as a whole. The Steering Committee consists of representatives from each PRC, the SCC, and NCI. Doug Corley chairs the Steering Committee.
- NCI staff for PROSPR are as follows, Stephen Taplin (Lead Scientific Advisor), Sarah Kobrin (Project Scientist) and Paul Doria-Rose (Project Scientist), Tonya Parker (Program Director), and Cheryl DeAguiar (Program Manager).
- The SCC is located at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Lead SCC staff are as follows: Bill Barlow (Lead PI), Mark Thornquist (Lead PI), Elisabeth Beaber (Staff Scientist), Stephanie Page-Lester (Project Manager), and Stephen Taplin (NCI Scientific Advisor).
- The breast PRCs are located at the University of Pennsylvania with Lead PIs: Katrina Armstrong and Mitchell Schnall; the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and Brigham and Women's Hospital with Lead PIs: Anna Tosteson, Jennifer Haas, and Tracy Onega; and the University of Vermont with Lead PIs: Brian Sprague and Donald Weaver. Stephen Taplin is the NCI Project Scientist for the breast PRCs.
- The cervical PRCs are located at the University of New Mexico with Lead PI: Cosette Wheeler; the Group Health Research Institute with Lead PI: Aruna Kamineni; the Parkland-UT Southwestern with Lead PI: Jasmin Tiro; and the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute with Lead PIs: Michael Silverberg, Chun Chao, Doug Corley and Virginia Quinn. Sarah Kobrin is the NCI Project Scientist for the cervical PRC.
- The colorectal PRCs are located at the Group Health Research Institute with Lead PI: Jessica Chubak; Parkland-UT Southwestern with Lead PIs: Celette Sugg Skinner and Ethan Halm; and the Kaiser Foundation Research Institute with Lead PIs: Douglas Corley, Chyke Doubeni, Virginia Quinn, and Ann Zauber. Paul Doria-Rose is the NCI Project Scientist for the colorectal PRCs.
- There are 5 working groups with cross-PRC membership. The Breast Working Group is chaired by Don Weaver (Vermont). The Cervical Working Group is chaired by Jasmin Tiro (UTSW). The Colorectal Working Group is chaired by Chyke Doubeni (KP located at Upenn). The Screening Process Measures is co-chaired by Virginia Quinn (KP) and Berta Geller (Vermont). The Modeler Working Group is chaired by Jane Kim (UNM located at Harvard).
- Two main stakeholder groups interact with the PROSPR network. The PROSPR Consulting Committee (PCC) provides guidance on the goals and progress of the PROSPR network, and the PROSPR Information Network (PIN) is designed to help disseminate information from the PROSPR network to various government agencies and other relevant institutions.
- The PCC includes Vicki Benard (CDC), David Chambers (NCI), Tim Church (U. of Minnesota), G. Scott Gazelle (MGH), Jennifer Malin (Wellpoint), Jennifer Croswell (AHRQ), Heidi Nelson (OHSU), David Ransohoff (UNC).
- The PIN includes: Rocky Feuer, Angela Mariotto, Andy Freedman, Debbie Winn, Paul Wagner, Paul Pinksy, Asad Umar, Lalitha Shankar, Mark Schiffman, Kate Castro, Lori Henderson (all NCI); Tess Miller (AHRQ); Mary White, Jacqueline Miller, Lisa Richardson (CDC); Bob Smith (ACS); and Martin Brown (PCORI).
Return to "PROSPR Organization Chart".