Introduction to Using Surveillance, Epidemiology, & End Results (SEER) & Medicare Health Outcomes Survey (MHOS) Linked Data
The above video is a narrated introduction to using the SEER and MHOS linked data. The Windows Media Player plug-in is required to view it in your Web browser.
Users who have difficulty viewing the video on this page may wish to use one of these alternative methods:
- Launch the video in a separate window.
- Download the stand-alone ASX (playlist) file to your computer or local network, then open it with Windows Media Player.
- The stand-alone version of the ASX file will still stream the files from this Web site. Some users may find that Windows Media Player will display the captions with this version, but not with the regular version.
- Download the video files (ZIP, 34.7 MB). (ZIP, 34.74 MB)
- After downloading, you'll need to extract all three files to the same directory, then run the playlist file, SEER-MHOS_Training.asx.
Users who require closed captioning can enable it in Windows Media Player using the following steps.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- If the menu bar with commands such as "File", "Play", and "Tools" is not visible in the Windows Media Player window, press CTRL+M to open this menu bar.
- Open the Play menu, then point to Lyrics, Captions, and Subtitles.
- Enable the command that reads "On if Available" or "Captions".
- Open the Tools menu, then click Options.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Mark the "Show local captions when present" checkbox.
Once captions are enabled in this way, when you run SEER-MHOS_Training.asx, with the .wmv and .smi files in the same directory, you will see the caption text displayed as the video plays.
Last Updated: 02 Mar 2015