Evidence-Based Approaches for Optimizing Employment Outcomes among Cancer Survivors Workshop
On August 11 & 12, 2016, the Healthcare Delivery Research Program hosted a workshop to articulate a research agenda for optimizing work outcomes among cancer survivors. This workshop convened a multidisciplinary group of 29 individuals with collective expertise in oncology, cancer care delivery, cancer survivorship, rehabilitation, work disability, employment law, employee benefits and workplace wellness.
The final report from this workshop is currently under development.
Day 1: Research and Interventions
|9:00-9:30||Introduction and welcome remarks|
|9:30-10:45||Reflecting on the meeting preparation|
What observational research is needed to address a broad range of work limitations among cancer patients and survivors?
What types of interventions are needed to prevent and/or mitigate work limitations among cancer patients and survivors?
|3:35-4:45||Wrap-up Day 1|
Day 2: How Do We Get There & Priority Setting
|8:30-9:00||Welcome and Day 1 Recap|
If the goal is to develop survivor-, provider- and employer-based interventions to address work limitations among cancer survivors, how do we get there?
What is the most important direction this field needs to go and what is the most actionable way to get there?
|12:00-12:30||Wrap up for day 2, discuss next steps|
- Janet S. de Moor, PhD, MPH, Behavioral Scientist and Program Director, Healthcare Delivery Research Program, NCI
- Melvin Grimes, BS, Cancer Research Training Award Fellow, NCI
- Erin E. Kent, PhD, MS, Epidemiologist and Program Director, Healthcare Delivery Research Program, NCI
- Wynne E. Norton, PhD, Program Officer, Implementation Science Team, NCI
- Megan Roberts, PhD, Cancer Prevention Fellow, Behavioral Research Program, NCI
- Diarmuid Coughlan, Mpharm, Msc, PhD, Health Economist, Surveillance Research Program, NCI
- Catherine M. Alfano, PhD, Vice President of Survivorship, American Cancer Society
- Cathy J. Bradley, PhD, Associate Director of Population Sciences Research at the University of Colorado Comprehensive Cancer Center
If you have questions about this workshop or research area, please contact Janet S. de Moor, PhD, MPH, phone: 240-276-6806.
Last Updated: 24 Feb 2017