Provocative Questions Fact Sheet
NCI Publishes New Provocative Questions Initiative Funding Opportunity Announcements
The Provocative Questions (PQ) Initiative is a research program of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) established to stimulate research in perplexing and underexplored areas identified by the cancer research community.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has published two Request for Applications (RFAs) to solicit applications responding to the 2020 Provocative Questions (PQ). The RFAs will utilize the R01 and R21 activity codes.
The PQ Initiative includes a new set of 9 PQs; the following 2 questions are directly relevant to the healthcare delivery research community:
- PQ7: What methods can be developed to integrate patient-generated health data into electronic health records?
For questions, contact Roxanne Jensen.
- PQ8: What strategies improve and sustain the coordination of comprehensive healthcare for underserved cancer patients with comorbid conditions?
For questions, contact Erica S. Breslau.
Additional information defining the research scope for responsive projects may be found in the RFAs posted at the Provocative Questions website.
Letters of Intent Due
- March 30, 2020; October 17, 2020
- R01: April 30, 2020; November 17, 2020
- R21: April 30, 2020; November 17, 2020