Relevant Funding Opportunities
HDRP currently funds studies examining the cost of cancer care and developing measures of financial hardship. In addition, HDRP leads and supports Cancer Care Delivery Research (CCDR) within the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program’s (NCORP).
HDRP is interested in supporting research aimed at measuring, understanding, and addressing financial hardship among those impacted by cancer. Inclusion of specific populations, including (but not limited to) the following, should be considered: those on oral therapies or costly targeted therapies, patients with metastatic disease or on chronic therapies, underserved populations, adolescent and young adult cancer survivors, pediatric populations and their families, as well as caregivers.
Applicants should review the NIH Guide Notice, Clarifying NIH Priorities for Health Economics Research (NOT-OD-16-025) prior to submitting applications. The notice states that NIH will continue to accept applications involving health economics research in which health outcomes and health-related behaviors are the primary focus, and the connection between the subject(s) of the study and improved understanding of health are clear and explicit. Applicants are encouraged to include text in their abstract that addresses the explicit link between aims and health outcomes; uses language from priorities described in the notice; and identifies NIH/NCI priorities addressed by the proposed research. Applicants are encouraged to contact the scientific contact person named in the announcement to further discuss aims and application details.
FOAs Sponsored or Co-Sponsored by HDRP
- Intervening with cancer caregivers to improve patient health outcomes and optimize health care utilization* – expires April 12, 2019
- Oral anticancer agents: Utilization, adherence, and health care delivery* – expires January 8, 2020
- Reducing overscreening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers among older adults – expires January 8, 2020
- Using Information technology to support systematic screening and treatment of depression in oncology practices – expires May 8, 2021
Other FOAs Relevant to HDRP
- Revision applications for validation of mobile/wireless health tools for measurement and intervention – expires January 8, 2019
- Improving smoking cessation in socioeconomically disadvantaged populations via scalable interventions – expires June 14, 2019
- Dissemination and implementation research in health – expires May 8, 2019
- Cancer-related behavioral research through integrating existing data* – expires June 8, 2019
- Research to improve Native American health – expires May 15, 2020
- Integration of individual residential histories into cancer research – expires September 8, 2020
- Cancer Prevention and Control Clinical Trials Grant Program* – expires January 8, 2021
- PAR-18-559 (R01 – clinical trial required)
- Modular R01s in Cancer Control and Population Sciences* – expires March 9, 2021
- PAR-18-869 (R01 – clinical trial optional)
- NIH Research Project Grant* – expires January 8, 2021
- PA-18-484 (R01 – clinical trial not allowed)
* Denotes funding announcements in which an application focused explicitly on financial hardship would be considered responsive.