SEER-Medicare: Data Limitations
Medicare data do not include:
- claims for HMO enrollees;
- care provided in other settings, such as the Veterans Administration;
- care for persons with Medicare as the secondary payer (in some cases);
- reimbursement for covered services not captured by the Medicare data, e.g. out of pocket expenditures; or
- coverage provided by Medigap policies.
Some of the services not covered by Medicare:
- long term care at home or in a nursing home; and
- routine physicals.
Last Updated: 14 Sep 2018