Module 3. Functions and Forms (Supplemental)
- Brian S. Mittman, PhD; Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- Exemplary case studies of MLI research
- Discussant 1: Observation on MLI case studies and how theory was employed in the case studies
- Discussant 2: Observations on the designs, methods and evaluation approaches employed in the case studies
- Overview of the importance of theory in ML research
- Organizational theory
- Team and group behavior theory
- Individual behavior theory
- Panel discussion: What makes theory valuable and practical?
- What frameworks or theories are applicable to your proposed study and why?
- How will you use these frameworks/theories to design your multilevel intervention and to guide your evaluation?
- Project Planning Worksheet (PPW)
- What are the key theories at all levels that are relevant to studying MLIs?
- What are the key levels and theories applicable to your project?
- How are these theories used (selected, combined, applied) in designing effective MLIs and in designing and conducting MLI research?