SEER-CAHPS Analytic Guidance
The links below offer guidance for researchers using the SEER-CAHPS data, including the use of survey weights, case mix adjustment, and analytic approaches when using the SEER-CAHPS data.
- Survey Weights
- Information on using survey weights for SEER-CAHPS projects
- Case Mix Adjustment Guidance
- SEER-CAHPS strongly encourages use of standard CAHPS case-mix adjustment variables for SEER-CAHPS projects. Please see guidance for use of case-mix adjustment variables here
- Approaches to Using CAHPS Items and Composites
- Information on analytic approaches for using CAHPS data in SEER-CAHPS
- How to Handle Variables That Occur in Multiple Files in SEER-CAHPS
- There are certain demographic variables that exist in more than one data source within SEER-CAHPS. Please refer to this guidance for recommendations on handling variables that occur in multiple files.
- Handling Missing Data in SEER-CAHPS
- There are different types of missing data in each data source within SEER-CAHPS. Please refer to this guidance for recommendations on handling missing data
- Information on CAHPS Response Patterns
- Information on non-response patterns for Medicare CAHPS surveys
- The SEER-CAHPS Illness Burden Index (SCIBI)
- Information on using the SEER-CAHPS Illness Burden Index (SCIBI) for SEER-CAHPS projects