Here you will find details on items, variables, and composite variables on the Medicare CAHPS surveys, and differences across health plan survey type and survey years. Note, there are two documents that provide information on the data: a Data Dictionary for the Medicare CAHPS survey variables, and a Summary File for data from SEER (PEDSF). The other documents give more information about using the Medicare CAHPS survey variables.
- SEER-CAHPS Details for Researchers (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Medicare CAHPS Data Dictionary (XLSX, 54 KB)
- Patient Entitlement & Diagnosis Summary File for SEER-CAHPS Linked Patients (CAHPS-PEDSF) (PDF, 296 KB)
- SEER-CAHPS Summary for Programmers (PDF, 138 KB)
- SEER-CAHPS Summary for Researchers (PDF, 46 KB)
- SEER-CAHPS Files (PDF, 177 KB)
- SEER-Medicare claims and enrollment file information
- Note: This link will take you out of the SEER-CAHPS section of this Web site and to the SEER-Medicare section. While the available years of data are different, the content and structure of these files are the same for the SEER-CAHPS data set. Please note that Medicare Part D claims data are not currently available in the SEER-CAHPS linked data resource.
Last Updated: 30 Jun 2017