SEER-MHOS Manuscript Submission Guidance
SEER-MHOS data use agreements (DUA) require that investigators submit manuscripts for clearance prior to publication. Below is a check list of these requirements.
- Submit manuscript to SEER-MHOS@hsag.com for clearance PRIOR to any submission for publication.
- Clearance email should include one sentence on how this manuscript is within the proposed aims of your DUA proposal.
- Confirm in email that the project analysis was completed at the same institution currently listed on the DUA.
- Ensure SEER-MHOS data is not linked with any other individually identified records in another database
- Verify all cell sizes less than 11 (eleven) are suppressed in all figures, tables, and in text in the manuscript. (See: Masking Small Cell Sizes Requirement for SEER-MHOS Research Reports and Manuscripts)
Suggested acknowledgment and disclaimer for any publication or presentation using SEER-MHOS linked data:
"This study used data from the SEER-MHOS linked data resource. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the National Cancer Institute; the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; Information Management Services (IMS), Inc.; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-MHOS database."